These pumpkin trail mix bars are the snack to bring along for a fall hike or to just snack on in between sips of pumpkin spiced latte.
-4 cups oats
-½ cup vegetable oil
-½ cup honey
-½ cup pumpkin puree
-2 teaspoons cinnamon
-½ teaspoons salt
-1 1/3 cups sliced or slivered almonds
-½ cup pepitas
-11 ounces butterscotch chips
1. In a large bowl, stir the oats and vegetable oil together.
2. Add the honey, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, salt, and stir together. (If you want them to be really sweet add ½ cup brown sugar)
3. Add almonds and pepitas, stir.
4. Lastly, stir in the butterscotch chips
5. Using your spatula, press the mixture down and evenly across a parchment lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake in oven at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
7. Take out of oven, using your spatula, carefully press down mixture again and put in the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
8. Let cool before cutting. When storing it is helpful to put parchment paper between each layer so the bars don’t stick together.
Enjoy your pumpkin trail mix bars!
Check out our print Bake the World a Better Place! Just like our books, a portion of the proceeds from the sale of our prints benefit children charities.